I am not sure I agree with no training at all. There are significant differences with ICD-10 CM codes. As we know from the current code set, most of the electronic data bases do not include the coding rules and instruction that are in the code book. However you need to ask even with a code book how long will it take to understand the concept of a placeholder character, and what is the difference between an exclude 1 and an exclude 2 note, and how does it affect the coding. This is is just a small sample in how the code set is deifferent.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join