Thread: Need help!!!!!!

Unhappy Need help!!!!!!

Promo: Code Books
    I am either having the worst case of overthinking this or I just don't know what to do. My MD did a repair of nonunion and malunions of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th metatarsals on the rt foot. He wants to charge for the 28322 code 4 times for each metatarsal. Now on the ORIF of metatarsals it stated for each metatarsal and I cannot find anywhere if the 28322 code covers all the metatarsals of the foot (so one code per foot) or if it is also for each bone!!! Please help!! any opinions would be helpful. I cannot find anything on this.
    Tina Wosmek CPC, COSC

Hi, I read it as metatarsal, SINGULAR, so would think that it would be for each mt, i.e. billing 28322 four times would be acceptable.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?

Login

Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

• Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.