Is the oncologist a employee of the ASC? I work in an ASC also and we bill out the urologist only because the oncologist is not an employee of the ASC. If the oncologist is an employee of the ASC than there is actually more codes that you can code and bill for. We ran into this situation in one of my centers and here is a good reference. MLN Matters Number MM6358. Then access teh medicare Claims Processing Manual (chapter 1, sections 30.2.6 and 30.2.7) www.cms.hhs.gov/manuals/downloads/clm104c01.pdf
Hope this helps.
Diann DoBran CPC, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join