I am having the same issue, so I'm gonna bring this one back up...how did you finally decide to code?
Tessa, you gave some descriptions of some "skin" codes. Are these appropriate seeing as how this is really an "internal" thing going on?
From what I understand of wound vacs, these are not usually billed in these situations. In the stated situtation, they are used for more like a drain.
I thought about 49002 as well....but there is no 're-opening' when the wound is left open each time.
This is starting to drive me crazy!
Im thinking of going unlisted, or doing the 49002-52...this would just get cumbersome with so many operations which equals lots of paper claims with attachments if I use those.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join