Dupuytren's (Palmar Fascia) Injections

1. Default Dupuytren's (Palmar Fascia) Injections
    Exam Training Packages
    I need help coding an established patient office visit who is having a series of Dupuytren's (Palmar Fascia) Injections code 26989. The patient had the first one on 5/18 and the visit was coded as 99214-25, 26989, J0775. The second visit was the next day 5/19, can someone give me some advise on how to code for the second injection?

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by smcdonald View Post
    I need help coding an established patient office visit who is having a series of Dupuytren's (Palmar Fascia) Injections code 26989. The patient had the first one on 5/18 and the visit was coded as 99214-25, 26989, J0775. The second visit was the next day 5/19, can someone give me some advise on how to code for the second injection?

Thx!
    If the patient came in specifically for the injection you would only code for the injection and the drug. Have you looked at CPT 20550?

is this for xiaflex??
    Tina Wosmek CPC, COSC

The code sounds like it is for Xiaflex and the info I have from the xiaflex rep is that you should have coded the first injection as follows
    99214-25-20550 with J0775 x 90(not with the unlisted 26989--that was to be used before 11/15/2010)
    The next day providers are instructed to bill 99213 for the stretching of the cord and 29130 for the splint application.

I would think that if another injection is given it would be the 20550 and J0775 x 90 only.

According to the materials I received from xiaflex the injections should be spaced about 4 weeks apart.

What is the insurance as I know that there are few that are accepting--Medicare is one I know is covering and BlueCross is not covering. Xiaflex has a great program that they will check to see if it is covered for the patient. I would check with the drug rep!!
    Tina Wosmek CPC, COSC

5. Default
    I have a provider who does these on a regular basis and this is how I bill:

Day One:
    20550-injection charge
    J0775 x 90 units for the Xiaflex drug

Day Two:
    26989-manual manipulation to release contracture

You can not bill for an E&M service on either of these days because the first injection is not normally done on the same day as the initial visit.