AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy

Default Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy

AAPC: Back to School
    I have an operative report where the surgeon performed the above procedure, a robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy, and also the surgeon documents excising the seminal vesicles bilaterally. I was planning to code 55866 and 55650 -50 and there are no CCI edits for this, but I was wondering, does anyone know if it is generally accepted that these charges can be billed together?

I think with a prostate excision, some seminal vesicle would be removed with the prostate. Also, 55650 is an open code.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 05:36 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2015, 01:45 PM
  3. Robitic Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy
    By haileynicole3 in forum Urology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 08:39 AM
  4. Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty
    By JESSHEATH in forum Urology
    Replies: 4