"The glomus material was cleared. This was easily endarterectomized which was felt to be reasonable in this situation because of the difficulty with having ligating vasculature. Ultimately it was cleared and there was good back flow from the external carotid artery."
This shows that an endarerectomy of the external carotid was still performed, with the same incision and closure as would be a common or internal carotid, so I feel you could bill a 35301 without any modifier for reduced service. You can ask your surgeon for sure if he doesn't agree look at 35701 exploration carotid artery with out surgical repair
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join