Any suggestions on the best way to bill for an intra-op consult? My surgeon was called into the OR to give his expert opinion. The other surgeon took his advise and performed the remaining surgery exactly the way my doctor suggested. My doctor did not assist in the surgery in any way other than looking and giving advise/opinion. Should I bill assistant surgery? Or would a consultation code work?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join