when calculating time, you must be one half of the required time into the next segment to count it. so for a 15 minute service a minumum of 8 minutes to even start, then 8 minutes into next segment for it to count so 15 plus 8, 23 minutes minimum for 2 units.
8- 22 = 1 unit
23 - 37 = 2 units
38 - 52 = 3 units
53 - 67 = 4 units
68 - 82 = 5 units
83 - 97 = 6 units
98 - 112 = 7 units
therefore for 99 minutes of a 15 minute service you bill 7 units.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join