Lysis of adhesions when performed alone is: 44005 (open) or 44180 (laparoscopic). Lysis of adhesions is never separately billable, when performed at the same time as any other major surgery. (For example: cholecystectomy)
Sometimes if the lysis of adhesion was very difficult, and time consuming, and If your surgeon documented the unusual circumstance involved. Then you can add modifier 22 to the major surgery code for example: 47562-22
Hope this is helpful
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join