LCSW's don't bill E/M services. They have an entirely separate set of rules. There are also a minimal number of CPT codes that they use. Depending upon what type of service your counselor is performing, they normally have one session a week with a client (they like to refer to "patients" as clients, at least the ones I've dealt with) & that code is a 90806
The most commonly used codes for LCSWs are 90801, 90802, 90806, 90808, 90812, 90814, 90846, & 90847.
They also use a "DSM-IV" code as their ICD-9 diagnosis code. You always want to double check for specificity.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join