If the clinic is sponsored by the hospital, then yes. What it is , is a split charge sitation. The "facility" portion is paid to the hospital and the "pro fee" is paid to the doctor. That is a common scenario. As for the copay situation, that is set by the insurance companies.
The facility portion covers things like rent,utilities,staffing,security, etc provided by the hopital to the clinic. The pro fee would be for the physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join