Medicare's National Physician fee schedule indicates which CPT codes accept the -50 modifier. 64483 has an indicator of 1 which indicates to bill using a -50 modifier. Same with 64493. Both with only a unit of 1.
Some CPT codes are not -50 modifier eligible. You can find Medicare's spreadsheet at the link below. This is for WPS Part B for IL, WI, MN, and and MI. I'm assuming your Medicare carrier has their own fee schedule.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join