First - you cannot report units greater than 1 for any of these codes. You can use the 50 modifier but it has to be reported with 1 unit.
second - 64495 cannot be reported more than once per day, so even if you did 4 levels you can only report 3. Your denial was probably for MUE or units out of range. so you can report
62311 1 unit
64493 50 1 unit
64494 50 1 unit
64495 50 1 unit
medicare should like it this way, I have billed these may times since the codes changed and this is the way my claims go out and are always paid.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join