No, this is incorrect. There are NO number guidelines given in the 95 guidelines at all. These "number of system/area guides" are industry created guidelines that are based on the guidelines.
You can probably safely infer that PF is one system, and EPF atleast two....but other than that you can't know for sure.
Some local MAC's have adopted their own set of guidelines and have published them...but again, if you look at the actual guidelines you will not find any of the 2-4, 5-7 type rules.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join