Patient presented with a nail gun injury, construction nail through the mid phalanx of left index finger, the patient also has a mid phalanx fracture. The nail was removed and patient was splinted. Are both the removal of the nail and the fracture care coded, or does one include the other? I also could not locate a foreign body removal for the finger, except for those specific to the joints of the finger-this was mid phalanx. Please advise and provide CPTs if at all possible.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join