Did you actually mean peritoneum or stomach.
It is understandable for' peritoneum drain", where in there may occur a necessity to remove the excessive air inflated during endoscpoy(laparocsopic procedures)- THIS IS CALLED PNEUMOPERITONEUM. When this procedure of removal of excessive air from pneumoperitoneum needed, that drainage of air is done by insertion of intraperitoneal canula or catheter for drainage temporarily- code -49420.
For removal of the temporary cannula/catheter, you would have to use E/M code.
Does this imply some coding sense?!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join