When using the corpectomy codes, the disc above and below the vertebral segment site are included and discectomy for decompression codes are not separately reported. 63075/63076 (which is a component of 22551) are not separately reported unless done at another site. By billing 63081 and 22551, you are essentially trying to report the discectomy twice. This may be a matter of reporting 63081 and 22554 (assuming a fusion was done and same site)
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join