You might want to ask your doc about the instrumentation....reads as if only one pedicle screw was placed at L3. Look at these codes and see what you think....22612, 22852, 38220, and 20930. Diagnosis code 996.49 for the failed fusion along with your painful hardware code 996.78. The exploration of fusion 22830 could be billed with modifier -59 since it was at different levels (L4-5 and L5-S1)---this would be require an operative report along with cover letter.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join