37620 75940-26procedure performed: Inferior vena cava filter implantation under
Protocol: After the patient was brought to the interventional radiology
suite. The right jugular area was prepped and draped in the usual
sterile fashion under ultrasonic guidance. The right jugular vein was
identified and subsequently lidocaine was infiltrated and access was
obtained of the right jugular vein by a micropuncture needle and then
subsequently a guidewire was advanced and was replaced with an 8 french
dilator. J-wire was advanced and subsequently and a 12 french sheath
was placed. The dilator was removed. The tip was advanced to below the
renal vein level. Imaging was obtained using contrast and the right and
left renal veins are identified. The placement was guided by presence
of a rule that identified the appropriate site. Subsequently, the filter
was deployed and accurate positioning was confirmed with subsequent
thinning, following which the entire assembly was removed. No
complications occurred. The patient tolerated the procedure well.
Please note that 2 mg of intravenous versed was given.
Is this coding correct: 37620, 36010, 7?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join