Endometrial implants are nothing but the endometrial tissues getting infiltrated or embedded into the tissues of the organs ,one such eg is getting into the rectum /and sigmoid colon or any intestinal part and causes ENDOMETRIOSIS and depending on th etissues or organs invovled the name is given. In this scenario, it is called rectal/rectosigmoidal/ large intestinal Endometriosis - it is lesion type and excision of lesion-
Excision rectal lesion or tumor- is the appropriateCPT code you have to look for - if open surgery, may be in one of these 45150 or 45160.
Diagnosis code will be 617.5- Intestinal Endometriosis.
Hope this helps .
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join