The surgeon will have 59510. Your OB would have all those as you said- 59426, 59514-80, and 59430.
But in my openion there is no need for a modifier for aftercare because the after care is incorporated into the Postpartum care.
Since the 59430 being a separate procedure, I have yet another school of thought: what if we give 59515-80 for your OB, instead of 59514-80 and 59430;
Would it be undercoding? however my gut feeling says that your codes justify the correct payment modality.
Could any one better refine this doubt with oyur experience/
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join