Even i came Across same Question while working on HCPCS level2 Coding for Drugs. see below case if helps you
FLUCONAZ D5 INJ 200MG/100ML BG
FLUCONAZ D5 INJ 200MG/100ML BO
FLUCONAZ INJ NS 400MG/200ML BG
FLUCONAZOLE TAB 50 MG
FLUCONAZOLE TAB 50 MG UD
FLUCONAZOLE TAB 100 MG
Question 1) as hcpcs code J1450 desc is "Injection fluconazole, 200 mg" but if supplier desc is FLUCONAZ INJ NS 400MG than can i use J1450 code (because in code its 200MG and in suppler desc its 400MG ) ?
Question 2) can i use J1450 or J8499 code while coding FLUCONAZOLE TABLET 50 MG. (because J1450 code desc is only for Injection and supplier desc is FLUCONAZOLE TABLET 50 MG.
1) HCPCS-J code crosswalks provide links for fluconazole 400mg to J1450 and therefore it would be acceptable to code the 400mg fluconazole products using HCPCS code J1450. Remember though that not all payers will reimburse for this HCPCS code. The NDC number must be provided on the claim.
so despite of Dose we can use Codes if mode of administration is same. ( IV and Oral will have different codes )
Hope this will help you
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join