Is this individual or group patient education? If it is group, you may want to look at 99078. If it is individual patient education, I would think you would be able to use E/M codes. You would probably be selecting your code level based on time. Therefore, the provider would need to document (1) the total time spent with the patient, (2) that greater than 50% of the time was spent in counseling / coordination of care, and (3) the topics discussed (i.e., risks and benefits of chemo, frequency of treaments, expected prognosis, etc).
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join