When we have to spilt bill ante partum care we bill out a 99213 for the first visit, then a 99211 for each the 2 additional visits all on the same claim with the different dates of services. We put in the local text that it was for 3 ante partum visits only with transfer of care and attach the antepartum record with it. If it denies we usually just have to call the carrier and have the claim reviewed. Haven't had a problem getting it paid.
Casey CPC OBGYN
Hope that helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join