I hope you have more documentation to code this. There is an article in the June 2011 Coding Edge on Excisional Debridement and the five requirements needed. You will need to know the depth of the debridement (2 cm is in your note but documentation should state to skin, fascia, muscle...) to determine whether you will use the 1104X vs. the 9759X (skin only) codes.
To determine your area of debridement in square centimeters, multiply the width by the length. Your ulcer debridement area is 90 sq cm (10 cm X 9 cm).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join