If this is for physician office coding - Level three, only 2 of 3 elements need to be met so if you have at minimum an EPF HISTORY and LOW MDM - and no EXAM, it still meets requirements for a level 3 ESTABLISHED patient 99213; however, for NEW patient Level 3 - you'd need to have ALL THREE elements, those being; DET HISTORY - DET EXAM - LOW MDM to equal a 99203 new patient level 3.
oops, forgot to add - reference to this is right in the front of the CPT manuals, under the Evaluation and Management area - it'll tell you what's needed for each level.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join