Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

AAPC's ICD-10-CM Anatomy & Physiology

Medical Coding Books
    I have also have taken it and it is a great way to prepare for ICD-10- and you can also use it when you take your exam for ICD-10. I love both the power points, hand out and the audio part. Hope everyone takes advantage of this great tool.
    Judy Wilson, CPC,COC,CPCO,CPPM,CPB,CPC-P,CPC-I,CANPC,AAPC FELLOW,CMRS

Past AAPC-CA BOD 2010 - 2013 & 2015 - 2017

judy@anes.hrcoxmail.com

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
    -Audrey Hepburn

I took this course and it is very comprehensive. I highly recommend it to anyone who is needing a refresher in A&P. Make sure to print the booklets out as they will have information needed for the quiz.
    EVELYN KIM , MBA, CPC, CPMA,CRC, AAPC Fellow

3. Default A&P
    Has anyone actually worked through a module? Does it tie the lesson to corresponding icd-10 codes? I am quite happy with the Contexo Advanced Anatomy and Physiology for icd-10 cm/pcs book as it relates the anatomy to the new code sets. Unfortunately, no CEU's, but I am lucky to only need 5 more to get to 36 by next January. Which brings up a good point. Do extra CEU's roll-over? I'll bet not.

4. Default
    Can the modules be looked at more than once and also is there a time limit to access the program?

5. Default
    I'd like to know this too, how long do you have access to this program? Only a year from purchase or until it implemented or??????

6. Default
    I just took my first module test for Anatomy and Pathyophysilogy. It was very concise and very user friendly. The test made you look over your notes again but everything you need is in the downloadable handouts. I enjoyed it. Go for it - it's great. I printed my CEU immediately after taking the test.
    Last edited by medical coder; 01-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn Kim View Post
    I took this course and it is very comprehensive. I highly recommend it to anyone who is needing a refresher in A&P. Make sure to print the booklets out as they will have information needed for the quiz.
    Hi, Evelyn,

I've never taken A&P and was wondering if it would be beneficial to start with the larger (20 CEU) course--rather than the ICD-10 course. I have a feeling that if I jump straight into the ICD 10, I'll be a little lost and will struggle. While I have to prepare for ICD-10 as well, it sounds like the A&P course they offer for it is more limited and geared toward those who already have some A&P knowledge. What would you suggest?

Thanks for your help,

Elsie, CPC

Default a&p
    for anyone interested in a&p that isn't testing for icd-10 but i'm sure is a great prep and review and here is the best part 12 ceu's approved by ahima and free.. i emailed aapc and was told that it would also be approved by them i registered and can't wait to get started, this is my first year as a cpc and was a little nervous about getting all my ceus. this helped me rest easy, at least for my first year...

can anyone tell me if i earn more than i need to in a year do they roll over?

here is the link
    http://www.css.edu/Online-Studies/Ab...e-Courses.html

Quote Originally Posted by bsesender View Post
    for anyone interested in a&p that isn't testing for icd-10 but i'm sure is a great prep and review and here is the best part 12 ceu's approved by ahima and free.. i emailed aapc and was told that it would also be approved by them i registered and can't wait to get started, this is my first year as a cpc and was a little nervous about getting all my ceus. this helped me rest easy, at least for my first year...

can anyone tell me if i earn more than i need to in a year do they roll over?

here is the link
    http://www.css.edu/Online-Studies/Ab...e-Courses.html
    You can not carry over ceus, from one due date to the other. You turn in your ceus every two years and if you have more than needed you would loss them and they would not count towards the next period. Hope that helps.
    Judy Wilson, CPC,COC,CPCO,CPPM,CPB,CPC-P,CPC-I,CANPC,AAPC FELLOW,CMRS

Past AAPC-CA BOD 2010 - 2013 & 2015 - 2017

judy@anes.hrcoxmail.com

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
    -Audrey Hepburn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123