AAPC - Back to school

Thread: wc exposure lab work Pls help

Default wc exposure lab work Pls help

AAPC: Back to School
    I'm hoping someone can answer this for me billing for 2 DIFFERENT INJURIES SAME PATIENT Workers Comp Indiana

We are treating a patient for 2 seperate exposure injuries 2 seperate claim# one date of injury 3-3-2011 and the other date of injury 4-14-2011 patient came in on the same day and had blood drawn for BOTH injuries Hep C Virus and HIV Screening we only drew blood once (so only 1 set of tubes were drawn)so can i bill for each injury venipuniture,HEp C, and HIV Screening?

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this thank you Melissa

If no one here has the answer, I would get in touch with the state or the insurance carrier. I'm sure you can't submit the complete charges under both claim numbers since that would cause a duplicate payment (or denial).

They may have some way they want you to split the charges between the claims, or they may choose one that they want to handle the medical expenses under.

Similar Threads

1. charging for lab work in office
    By dawnha1 in forum Compliance General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
  2. Dx for Meth Exposure Pls Help
    By mlsstnt@aol.com in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 07:16 AM
  3. Help with ICD-9 code for lab work
    By mrolf in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 4