Mondays can be rough.
Splinting is included in fracture care. With supporting documentation of restorative care (reduction, manipulation of bones) or definitive care (the same treatment an orthopedist would render), code the fracture care for the ED provider.
If the treatment is only temporary or supportive until the patient can see the orthopedist, code the splint.
I hope you have more documentation such as a referral to the orthopedist vs. a follow up with the PCP and an actual procedure note to help you decide on the correct code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join