If that is all the information the physician documented, you need to go back and ask for more. What is the transplanted organ? Did the patient have DM before the transplant? IF the transplanted organ is the pancreas, is the pancreas producing insulin but the body is not absorbing it? Is the patient rejecting the transplant? Is the pancreas not producing insulin and then the doctor is stating the transplant has failed? A condition as multi-faceted as this needs more information provided to make the correct coding assignment.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join