Quotes from the sections titled Terminology:
"1500 Claim Form: The paper claim form for reporting professional services to a payer. HIPAA does not address reporting requirements on the paper claim form nor does it require physicians who conduct all business on paper to comply with HIPAA."
"Administrative Simplification Compliance Act (ASCA): A law related to HIPAA. While
HIPAA does not require physicians to conduct business electronically, if physicians bill
Medicare, ASCA requires them to do so electronically and they must do so according to the
HIPAA electronic standards. Practices with fewer than 10 full-time employees are exempt from ASCA."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join