what I have been told is that after Jan 1 paper claims will no longer be allowed. Conversion to the 5010 is required for All HIPAA covered entities which includes all providers. This is off of an AMA fact sheet:
Medicare Fee for Service Implementation of HIPAA Version 5010
Compliance date for 5010 Mandatory compliance on January 1, 2012 – all covered entities
Who is Affected?
• All HIPAA Covered Entities
Providers HealthPlans Clearinghouses
Business Associates of Covered Entities that use the affected transactions
When are you required to have system changes implemented?
*January 1, 2012 is the cut off date for the old transactions
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join