I am not sure what you are looking for but I will start with this:
Hospital coding is for the facility reimbursement either inpatient or outpatient. Inpatient is based on DRGS and outpatient is based on APCS if it is acute care. A hospital may be designated as Acute care, FQHC, Rural Health, Indian Health, Critical Access, ASC, Nursing facility, and Hospice and I may have left out a few. Hospitals bill on a UB-04.
Physician coding is for the physician or NPP reimbursement and is based on POS and is billed on a CMS 1500.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join