We are having trouble getting pd for the vertebral fracture assesment (77082) when billed with 77080. BCBS is denying this as not being medically necessary or other carriers are denying it for being experimental. We are billing this service w/ dx V82.81, V49.81 or 733.90, yet they are not being pd. Can someone please help me with getting this paid by the insurance company? Is anyone being reimbursed for the vertebral assesment?
Thanks for your help in advance,
Tamara, CPC, CPAR
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join