If the insurance company follows the CCI guidelines no modifiers really need to be used. I wouldn't use ICD9 709.9 for the diagnosis. If bx's would have been performed on the R/O BCC you could use 238.2 but since shaves were done the charges should be held until the pathology results come back. I know some practices just bill the shave's with 238.2 prior to receiving the path results and don't have problems with payments. There is alot of discrepancy regarding the use of 238.2 so if any one out there has updated news for the use of this code I would greatly appreciate it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join