AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Chemotherapy Infusion-Vidaza Billing question

Default Chemotherapy Infusion-Vidaza Billing question

AAPC: Back to School
    an outpatient facility is having an issue on how they should be billing for Vidaza injections they are administering to a patient.
    The issue is that the patient is receiving 2 separate doses because they are unable to handle it all at once due to dicomfot. They are being given in the same arm, 2 inches apart on the same day, same chair time. The facility was billing with the modifiers 'LT' and 'RT', but they do not feel comfortable doing so because they are giving the injection in the same arm and are at a loss as to how they should be coding for that.

Does anyone have any opinions on how this should be coded? I do not normally do this type of coding so I do not have a clue. Any help would be appreciated. I am researching it myself right now but need the answer yesterday.

The code for the drug is J9025 and the administration code is 96413.

Much appreciated

Default correction

Sorry, I have a correction to the origional question. The drug is actually being given subcutaneous and administration code 96401 is being used.

Similar Threads

1. Outpatient billing of Chemotherapy Infusion
    By stwhitedeer in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 04:18 PM
  2. Vidaza administration question
    By traci.susong@gmail.com in forum Hematology/Oncology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 08:03 AM
  3. Chemotherapy infusion
    By nancy.mash@utsouthwestern.edu in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1