No, we actually asked this same question at an AANS meeting because our dr wanted to bill for this. The dr. can not bill for closed treatment of a fracture code 22310 for simply writing a script or handing a person the brace. He would have to personally fit the patient for the brace, which I doubt he would probably do, and he would have to dictate a procedure note stating what he did to fit the brace and a plan for managing the patient's fracture care. This procedure also has a global of 90 days and in the long run, since you wouldnt be able to bill for any e&m's, the dr will probably make more money by billing for all the applicable e&m's within the 90 day period.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join