The difference is
01484--"anesthesia for open procedures on bones of lower leg, ankle, and foot; osteotomy or osteoplasy"--Treatment of tibial shaft fracture (with or without fibular fracture) BY INTRAMEDUALLARY IMPLANT, with or without interlocking screws and/or cerclage
01480-- "anesthesia for open procedures on bones of lower leg, ankle, and foot; not otherwise specified"--open treatment of tibial shaft fracture (with or without fibular fracture) WITH PLATE/SCREWS, with or without cerclage
this is coming directly from the asa crosswalk coding book, from the 2 descriptions, it seems the only difference would be method used, either implant or screws.
i hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join