As per NCCI edits CPT codes 37228 and 75710 will generate a "bundling" edit. The guidelines for when the codes can and cannot be reported together are found in the CPT manual page 373, just prior to CPT code 75600.
The guideline lists when diagnostic angiography should NOT be used with interventional procedures....(i.e. roadmapping, vessel measurement, post angioplasty/stent/atherectomy angiography)
as well as,
When diagnostic angiography performed at time of an interventional procedure IS separately reportable..
(i.e. No prior cathether based angiography available or prior study however patient's condition as it related to the clinical indication has changed or inadequate visualization of anatomy/pathology, or a clinical change during the procedure that requires a new evaluation outside of the target area of intervention....)
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join