If the patient was sent to you for treatment of a known fracture then you cannot bill it as a consult. And from what you have given here it does not sound like you have a significant E&M. It is entirely possible that you have only the fracture carre code. Also you state it was a fracture of the proximal humerous but 26600 is for Closed treatment of metacarpal fracture, single.
I would have coded the fx care only.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join