Minor surgery categories are either 0 or 10 days global period.(medicare).
This LEEP has a 0-Day global period and all pre-op and post op visits should be billed using office E/M Codes(99201-99215).
For procedures with a global period of 10days, pre-op care still be charged using E/M codes. However you should not bill for Post Op services, related to normal recovery from the surgery during the 10_day post-op period.
Treatment of complications is always a billable service, using the standard office visit E/M codes, linked to a diagnosis describing the complication.
E/M visit codes may be charged the same day of a minor surgery or during the global post op period, IF A SIGNIFICANT, SEPARATELY IDENTIFIABLE SERVICE IS FURNISHED, Use a modifier -24 or 25, and document diagnosis carefully.
Again, it is best to use a different diagnosis to clarify that the E/M service was UNREALTED TO THE PROCEUDRE.
Hope this give you aclue
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join