AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPCO Exam? - I'm wondering if anyone

Owatonna, MN

AAPC: Back to School
    I just took the exam last weekend and just got my notice on the AAPC website that I passed! Whew!

I think the best advice at this point is probably to ask the AAPC about the materials you want to take in to the exam, and get their reply in writing so you can show your exam proctor. That's what I did, because the direction is really unclear as to what is ok/not ok. I think this will probably be the case until the actual study guide comes out and/or until they get at least 1 year of this test under their belt.

As for level of difficulty, I won't lie, its not a cakewalk. They are not kidding when they say it requires broad knowledge of the field of compliance.

I can't really speak to what job opportunities this will create as I have been actively working in the field for some time now.

Hope that helps,

Congrats Amy!!! I'm happy for you! I just took a pre exam and feel pretty good. You are correct, you have to know the info. I will heed your advice. Thank you for responding.

Default CPCO exam

Your local chapter and its officers should be offering exams and the proctering or local CPC-I instructors. The other questions regarding how many CPCOs are there nationally and job opportunities, you might check with National.
    I am planning to sit for the exam before year end. As far as materials see above.
    LuAnn Weis, MPA,CPC,CPC-H

Thank you much! Good luck to you.

I took the exam and passed... I also took a boot camp that helped me a lot..... Hope you all pass

Quote Originally Posted by candiceibarra View Post
    I took the exam and passed... I also took a boot camp that helped me a lot..... Hope you all pass
    Thank you! Was there much on coding? As far as doing the coding?

No coding on the test.... Remember a lot of questions regarding OIG....

Quote Originally Posted by 2bluestarmom View Post
    Also, anyone know how many CPCO's are now officially credited and what the job opportunities are? This is such a new Certification that I don't find any postings online for this position.
    I'm also interested in the number of credentialed CPCO's and the job opportunities.
    Anyone have any new information?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12