Results 1 to 2 of 2

Disco coding

  1. #1
    Default Disco coding
    Medical Coding Books
    I code for an ASC. We do the injection portion of a disco or CPT code 62290/62291. I was recently audited and was told by the auditor that in addition to these codes I should be billing a 72285/72295. Since I A) do not employ a radiologist and B) do not have a CT machine, I totally disagree. The definition for these codes are the radiologist interpretation of the CT post disco. She is telling me that the AMA says, blah blah blah. I need proof that she is wrong, or I am wrong. Can someone please help.

  2. #2
    if you are coding for the facility you should be utilizing those codes with the TC modifier. The radiologist will use the 26 modifier for his portion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.