A patient comes to the pain clinic for postherpetic polyneuropathy. On Monday Dr places an epidural at T3-4 level using fluroscopy, injects bupivacaine with epinephrine, leaves the catheter in place, covers it with a dressing. On Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday the patient returns to the pain clinic and has additional bupivacaine with epinephrine injected and the catheter removed on Friday. How would you code for this? I am not able to use the 01996 daily management code because it is not an inpatient. I originally thought of Monday 62318, 77003-26, and Tues-Fri 62310. I am questioning this, however, because the code description for 62310 states that it is a single injection, not indwelling catheter. I am wondering about reporting 62310 x 5. This seems not quite right to me because the doctor is not placing the epidural each day. Any feedback or guidance is appreciated!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join