Here is something I found under our LCD for Medicare...
CPT codes 11042-11047 do not refer solely to ulcer size, but also to levels of actual tissue debridement levels (based on tissue type; e.g., partial skin, full thickness skin, subcutaneous tissue, etc.) of independent (non contiguous) skin and other deeper tissue structures. NAS allows payment for an aggregate total of four independent tissue debridements on a given day of service, whether the debridement was performed on one or both feet, per date of service. Any number greater than the aggregate total of four for one or both feet per date of service will result in a denial which may be appealed with documentation justifying the additional services.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join