If you take a look at your CPT book ( I use AMA's Professional Edition) on page#10 - 12 it gives you a description:
I'll use 99213 as my example:
99213 Office or other outpatient visit for the evaluation and management of an established patient which requires at least 2 of these 3 key components:
An expanded problem focuesd history;
An expanded problem focused examination
Medical decision making of low complexity
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join