Hey, my doc just did the same procedure. I was able to talk to him this morning. The procedure he performed included an osteotomy into the proximal tibia - insertion of an allograft bone block and allograft "extensor mechanism". We looked thru the CPT book and concluded that the best way to report this procedure was an unlisted code 27599 and he gave me the comparison code of a revision arthroplasty 27487 due to the magnitude of the surgery. So hope this helps. Check with your doctor to see what he would bill for the procedure he performed. Thanks!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join