The rules may be different for a pharmacy facility, but in a clinic, if an NPP has their own NPI, then the claim is billed under that. The only time we bill under a Supervising Physician is when the NPP is not credentialed with a particular insurance company. It also depends on the facility's organization. Some facilities are organized in a way that everything is billed under a supervising physician, others don't.
Like I said though, a pharmacy facility may work under different regulations, these are just my thoughts.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join