ACOG and CPT have stated that if you must use a hysteroscopy to remove it falls under 58562.
CPT Assistant Sept 2007: "Question: What is the appropriate CPT code to report for the REMOVAL of an embedded intrauterine device (IUD) using a hysteroscope, curette, and forceps?
Answer: The appropriate code to report is 58562, Hysteroscopy, surgical; with REMOVAL of IMPACTED foreign body.
posted taken from codecorrect
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join